Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Empty Heart

There's a hole in my heart
That cannot be filled
There's a pain inside me
That cannot be stilled.
 
There was a light in my life
Yet now it's gone out
I feel alone and helpless
I feel so full of doubt.
  
There was a person in my life
Who made me a whole
He was the Sun to my Moon
He completed my Soul.
 
There was someone in my life
Yet now he is gone
Though our love was cut short
Must I continue on.

These days seem never ending
I must stop and cry
For it was never me who has wished to die
I'm left longing for a love I will never have
And a part of me missing, broken and dead

Filling my bed with whoever can numb the pain
Only to make it worse when the emptiness remains
I wish I was stronger
But your words still haunt me so
I have love for you,
But I no longer am in love with you.
I'll take all the lies that I can fit in my belly
To remind myself that no one is ever with this pain

I am left tattered and torn
Broken beyond repair
I've lost my faith in god and man
For if love is real then why then
Is my heart so empty



 

Follow My Blog:


"I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life" - Louise L. Hay


No comments: