Monday, July 11, 2011

That's Life (By My Mother)

I was looking thru my emails tonight and I found this email my mom sent to me last year. It's funny cause she doesn't even really know how to use email all that well. I don't remember the context in which she felt compelled to write me, but as I read it now I really like what she says. I'd like to share it with you now.


That's life according to my mother:


On 10/10/10 2:15 PM, "E. Tupas" wrote:

hi chris,

life has it's ups and downs, sometimes it's like a roller coaster ride, exciting and a bit unsure, occasionally  a bit dangerous, at times boring, sometimes tiring, other times relaxing and cooolll, and enjoyable. people plan for the future, on a daily basis, on a weekly basis, at times yearly, some don't even plan, they just live day to day, some don't even know how to plan, they just exist. sometimes no matter what one does, life has it's own surprising way of working itself out.

i'm the master of my fate the captain of my soul- holds true. one plans one's life, like steering a car, a person knows where they're going to do something, they accomplish it, it's done to one's satisfaction. they're happy.

there are very very short term plans, like buying crickets for the lizard because he likes them, making a list of groceries, because you need and want them. saving for a nest egg, or for an emergency so there's $$$ when it's needed is a longer term plan just like owning a house, building up credit is more of a longer stable plan. planning on settling down in future w/ whoever they like and are compatible w/, a give and take relationship, but it's not all bread and potatoes, one needs butter, honey , jam and jellies.

everyone has commitments, responsibilities, it just depends on how each one is handled. some people handle things in a responsible way, some ,no matter what they do they can't seem to get out of responsibilities. it seems to grow and grow, like a wart that one can't get rid of. some no matter how they try they're not able for whatever reason.

each one has their own skeleton in the closet , their own baggage, to deal w/. they can deal w/ it themselves. no need to worry about it. it's good to show and feel concern, one can resolve and handle the 'it' themselves. i know it's a big pain in the ass, but that's life.

did i make sense ???

lav yah, mom





No comments: