Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Story of How I Became a Singer/Songwriter



I was born on May 9th in Burbank, California. I have been playing the piano since the age of 7. Though most my songs are written and performed with my guitar which I started playing when I was 14. My mother gave me a guitar on my 15 Birthday and that is when the songwriting began.

I have been performing since I was 17. It all started with a little cafĂ© called “Glaxa” in silver lake.. That is where I had my first open mic experience. Ever since then I have played all over Hollywood. I am influenced by artist with strong vocal ability and driving melodies. My influences are Billy Holiday, Carole King, Nina Simone, Stevie Nicks, Jewel, Fiona Apple, and Alanis Morrosett.

My motivations for songs come from my real life experiences with falling in love, realizing love, copping with love and loss. My music is a direct reflection on my personal life. My music will always express my thoughts, life experiences and own opinions and not what someone think I should write, feel or sing. My fans should always feel like they know me and my life and the path it is going to take.

If you would like to know more about me please feel free to e-mail me: crislynsand@gmail.com

Or send me an instant message sometime on AOL Screen name: crislynsand7


Thanks!

No comments: