Monday, August 25, 2008

Time to de-stress.

Because of my past,
Awful and dreadful I've been cast
I feel lost, knowing not what to do...
Where to go now or whom to turn to.
Totally Stressed... inside and out

Because of those days
Stumbling around in a haze,
As my beautiful candle burned out.
Shadows now haunt me...
Stressing me... Inside and out.

I'm clearly not here.
I have lost all that was dear.
I should give up-- or perhaps already have.
I feel my life is over, there is no salve,
Only stress... inside and out.

I'm embarassed and hurting,
And so terribly ashamed
Guilt-ridden and sorry for the troubles for others
On whom I've blamed. For them, and me
I cry... inside and out.

Through my fingers life has slipped,
My heart feels pummeled, broken, ripped.
Can i throw these dark memories into the sea,
Like cremated ashes, all that old me?
Cleansing...inside and out

My soul craves a new start,
Need to jumps tart my heart.
Could i really start over again?
Am I sincere, a fool, or fooling?
Another pretend... inside and out

I need fresh wax, a new candle mold
A spirited scent for someone to hold.
To light it and wish for sweet inner-peace
To burn at one end, the old life to cease
No more stressing... inside and out.

I pray the lost child hiding in me
Will come take my hand, help me to see
I'm not alone, just lonely inside.
It's a stressful world where "little me" hides.
Time to evolve... inside and out

My chrysalis is hard, not easy to break,
Endurance I know, but the goal to re-wake
Means to re-love myself-- and treasure that wealth.
I've got to commit mind, body and soul.
Time to de-stress... inside and out.

No comments: