Wednesday, June 25, 2008

If Only I Knew

It is you I think of
My fingertips touching your lips
Moving slowly to your cheeks
And lightly over closed eyes

A breath sucked in
And slowly exhaled
Is my touch painful?
My fingers keep moving

I can feel your breath on my face
As you move closer
My heart beats faster
Faster

Anticipation
Waiting for your lips to touch mine
Waiting
I wet my lips
I’m waiting

Your lips touch mine gently
Too gently
Hearts beat faster
Echoing

I lean forward
Strong hands on my back
Bring me closer
Not close enough

Mouths open wider
Hands move to my neck and up
To cup my head
Fingers snake through my hair

You hold on tighter
Your grasp pulls me forward
My hair is loose now
Twisted through your fingers

Thigh touches thigh
Your hard chest is strained against me
Hands slowly fall away
I open my eyes

Looking into yours I see myself
I hope you’re thinking what I am
I wish I knew
If only I knew

No comments: